Developer EA Los Angeles
Publisher Electronic Arts
Platforms Windows, Mac OS X, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S
Release Date (Win) 28.10.2008 (US) | 30.10.2008 (EU) | 06.11.2008 (AU) | 07.11.2008 (NZ) | 08.01.2009 (WW – Steam)
Release Date (Mac) 03.2009 (US)
Release Date (X360) 11.11.2008 (US) | 13.11.2008 (EU)
Release Date (PS3) 23.03.2009 (US) | 27.03.2009 (EU)
Release Date (X1) 24.01.2019 (WW)
Release Date (XSX) 09.11.2020 (WW)
Current Version 1.12 (Windows only)
Buy Steam | Origin | MS Store (Xbox One/Series)
What is Red Alert 3?
After a time travel mission goes awry, a new superpower has been thrust onto the world stage and a new war is raging. The Empire of the Rising Sun has risen in the East, making this war a three-way struggle between the Soviets, the Allies, and the Empire with armies fielding wacky and wonderful weapons and technologies such as Tesla coils, heavily armed war blimps, teleportation, armoured bears, intelligent dolphins, floating island fortresses, and transforming tanks.
Red Alert 3 features three sides that differ even in the way they construct their buildings. Many units are amphibious and most structures can be built on water, as one of the game’s key points is trying to give equal attention to ground and sea battles. Resources are now found in ore nodes that can be operated by a single collector unit, and can also appear in the water.
Support powers and bonuses are given through the Top Secret Protocol system, which uses points as a currency that can be gained through battle. Each unit has a special ability, which can be a special weapon, weapon/mode switch, or a simple return-to-base command.
For the first time, the campaign is entirely co-operative. Players can either play with an assigned AI co-commander and give them basic orders, or play with a friend online (formerly through GameSpy, now C&C:Online; not compatible with LAN). Each faction has its own campaign with 7 missions each.
Names in different languages
- French: Command & Conquer: Alerte Rouge 3
- German: Command & Conquer: Alarmstufe Rot 3
Ultimate Edition for PlayStation 3
Red Alert 3: Ultimate Edition also packs in a tremendous amount of bonus content, including:
- Five exciting new multiplayer maps
- Behind the scenes videos and trailers, including Raising the Iron Curtain Documentary, From Pens to Pixels, the Girls of Red Alert 3, Bloopers & Out-takes, the Red Alert 3 Remix and many more!
- PS3 exclusive Command & Conquer TV programming, including PS3-dedicated BattleCast PrimeTime and a special episode of Command School focused on tips, tricks and strategies from the development team
- In-depth profiles on all the Red Alert 3 units
- The official Red Alert 3 soundtrack
ESRB: Teen | Blood, Mild Language, Mild Suggestive Themes, Violence, Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB
PEGI: 16 | Violence, Online
OFLC (AU): M | Violence
Find Out More?
You can look at it all by browsing the navigation menu to the right.