Developer EA Los Angeles
Publisher Electronic Arts
Platforms Windows, Mac OS, Xbox 360
Release Date 26/03/2007 (US, Win) | 29/03/2007 (FR, Win) | 05/04/2007 (RU, Win) | 28/08/2007 (US, Mac) | 09/05/2007 (SG/HK/TW, Xbox 360) | 10/05/2007 (US, Xbox 360) | 11/05/2007 (UK, Xbox 360) | 24/05/2007 (RU, Xbox 360) | 25/05/2007 (NZ, Xbox 360)
Current Version 1.09 (Windows and Mac only)
What is Tiberium Wars?
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars is the long-awaited sequel to Tiberian Sun, built on an improved SAGE engine that powered Command & Conquer: Generals and the Battle for Middle-earth series.
The story begins in 2047, and the world is in an even worse condition than seen in Tiberian Sun. The spread of Tiberium continues to the destroy the Earth, and the world has been divided into different zones. 20% of the Earth’s surface is Tiberium-infested and inhospitable “Red Zones”, 50% of the Earth is “Yellow Zones”, areas where Nod is present and where Tiberium hasn’t fully taken hold but is encroaching on the population, and the rest of the Earth is “Blue Zones”, where it is safe to live and where GDI is present. The GDI is still trying to prevent the spread of Tiberium and convert the Yellow Zones to Blue Zones.
The Brotherhood of Nod, now a superpower with a majority support of the world’s population, launches a major offensive against the Global Defense Initiative, crippling their forces. In March, Nod fires a nuclear missile at GDI’s orbiting headquarters, the GDSS Philadelphia, destroying the fulcrum of GDI’s military power. In no shape to handle the Nod offensives led by Black Hand shock troops around the globe, GDI commanders take charge, rallying their demoralized troops, hoping to win a third victory over Nod. However, one other threat lurks from the stars – the alien race known as the Scrin, intent on harvesting Tiberium (or Ichor, as they call it) from infested planets. Their arrival reveals some long-hidden secrets…
In terms of gameplay, Tiberium Wars combines a classic C&C experience with Construction Yard-based building and vast arsenals for all sides with the lessons EALA learned with Generals and Zero Hour, namely multiple-factory production, special abilities and upgrades. A large stress was made on improving the multiplayer experience.
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars was one of the official games at the World Cyber Games in 2007.
Official Feature List
- Fast, Fluid, Fun – The ultra-responsive, smooth-as-silk gameplay C&C invented is now better than ever, intuitively placing your entire arsenal at your fingertips.
- Over 30 Single Player Missions – In a vast open-world ‘theatre of war’ where each decision you make matters, you’ll experience one cohesive, epic story told from the unique perspective of all three warring factions.
- RTS as a Sport – Observe, broadcast, and compete in thrilling online battles with innovations including all-new interactive spectator modes, VoIP communication, player commentary, and more.
- Story Like You’ve Never Seen – High-definition, live action video sequences that seamlessly tie the game’s epic story together featuring an unparalleled, diverse cast.
- Adaptive AI – The game AI matches your style of play – choose from distinct AI playing styles such as ‘rushing’, ‘turtling’, and more, or level the battlefield and let the AI use its own tactics to give you the highest level of challenge.
- New Ways to Attack – Keep your opponent guessing by building flying battleships, wielding the power of terrifying Ion Storms, and combining units to form powerful never-before-seen super-units.
- Technology Makes the World Come Alive – Lose yourself in reflected sunlight and scream in sheer joy as you blow chunks off of enemy tanks, structures, and anything else you can launch a rocket at. The game world gains a new dimension and the battlefield comes to life as the atmosphere fills with smoke, fire, haze, tracers, explosions, and state-of-the-art weather effects.
- Intuitive and Evolved Interface – Fully evolved side-bar interface that allows you to fully manage your base operations while never leaving the action.
- Battle the Best Online – With multiple online game modes, all-new multiplayer maps, and a fully featured content editor, go online to see how you stack up in RTS’ ultimate form.
Names in different languages
- Simplified Chinese: 命令与征服 3: 泰伯利亚之战
- Traditional Chinese: 終極動員令 3: 泰伯倫戰爭
- French: Command & Conquer 3: Les Guerres du Tiberium
- Polish: Command & Conquer 3: Wojny o Tyberium
ESRB: Teen | Animated Blood, Mild Language, Violence, Game Experience May Change During Online Play
PEGI: 16 | Violence
USK: 16 (standard edition) | 18 (Kane Edition)
OFLC (AU): M | Moderate Violence
Find out more?
You can look at it all by browsing the menu to the left.