Developer Westwood Pacific
Publisher Electronic Arts
Release Date 09/10/2001 (US) | 22/10/2001 (DE)
Current Version 1.001
What is Yuri’s Revenge?
Announced by Westwood Pacific on 13 April 2001, Yuri’s Revenge is the official expansion pack for Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2. Yuri’s Revenge has been declared the largest expansion pack for any Westwood Studios game, and features not only new campaigns (7 Allied and 7 Soviet missions), but a whole new third side to play.
Yuri’s Revenge is the first C&C game with a playable third faction (Yuri’s Army). It gives existing factions some new units and support powers, and also introduces new tech buildings. It is also the first expansion that runs through a separate executable from its base game, and is powered by a further-patched engine. New co-operative campaigns and multiplayer game modes have been added, as well as numerous new maps.
As in Red Alert 2, Westwood Studios have continued its tradition of producing movie-quality cut scenes in Yuri’s Revenge. The original Red Alert 2 live-action cast, including Udo Kier as Yuri and Kari Wührer as Tanya, have returned to Westwood and have filmed over an hour of footage for the expansion.
Official Feature List
- Three sides – In multiplayer mode, the player can choose to play any of three sides: the Allies, Soviets, or the new faction: Yuri’s psychic army.
- Fourteen new solo campaign missions – Players will chose to lead either the Allies or the Soviets against the new global threat, Yuri.
- Ten new co-op campaign missions – New campaigns to fight with a partner over a LAN or the Internet.
- New units and Tech Buildings – Thirty new units, vehicles and tech buildings, which present players with new strategic challenges and opportunities.
- Exotic Locales – Players fight and take control of exotic cities all over the earth, and beyond, such as San Francisco, Sydney, Hollywood, Seattle, London, Cairo, Transylvania and even the moon.
Find Out More?
We have collected all the information and pictures to date regarding the upcoming expansion pack. To find out what we have, you can browse the black menu to the left.