Developer EA Los Angeles, BreakAway Games
Publisher Electronic Arts
Platforms Windows, Xbox 360
Release Date 24/03/2008 (US, Win) | 27/03/2008 (EU, Win) | 28/03/2008 (UK/BR, Win) | 31/03/2008 (RU, Win) | 23/06/2008 (US, Xbox 360) | 27/06/2008 (NZ, Xbox 360)
Current Version 1.02 (Windows only)
What is Kane’s Wrath?
Kane’s Wrath is the expansion pack for Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars which, story-wise, centers around Kane. There is only one singleplayer campaign, played from the Nod perspective, and spans over 20 years – from the rebirth of the Brotherhood of Nod after the Second Tiberium War, through the dramatic events of the Third Tiberium War, and beyond. Development was largely outsourced to BreakAway Games, a studio which specialized in making authorized expansion packs for larger studios.
Aside from new units for all the existing factions, there are 6 new subfactions that spawned from the base factions. Like in C&C Generals: Zero Hour, subfactions stress some aspects and neglect others (e.g. the Black Hand focuses on infantry and flame weaponry, but lacks stealth technology and air units).
New game modes have been created. The Windows version got Global Conquest, which is played in a turn-based fashion on the world map, with each side having its own set of objectives and getting access to all of its subfactions, while battles can be either automated or played in the usual RTS mode like playing a skirmish match. The Xbox 360 version got Kane’s Challenge, a series of simple clashes where Kane tasks his new commander with attacking one subfaction at a time to prove his worth and knowledge of both friendly and hostile arsenals.
The Xbox 360 version received an improved radial interface, and does not require Tiberium Wars to run. Retail releases of the Windows version came with beta keys for Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3.
Command & Conquer 3: Kane’s Wrath was one of the official games at the World Cyber Games in 2008.
Official Feature List
- Fast, Fluid, Fun – The ultra-responsive, smooth-as-silk gameplay C&C invented is now better than ever, intuitively placing your entire arsenal at your fingertips.
- Over 30 Single Player Missions – In a vast open-world ‘theatre of war’ where each decision you make matters, you’ll experience one cohesive, epic story told from the unique perspective of all three warring factions.
- RTS as a Sport – Observe, broadcast, and compete in thrilling online battles with innovations including all-new interactive spectator modes, VoIP communication, player commentary, and more.
- Story Like You’ve Never Seen – High-definition, live action video sequences that seamlessly tie the game’s epic story together featuring an unparalleled, diverse cast.
- Adaptive AI – The game AI matches your style of play – choose from distinct AI playing styles such as ‘rushing’, ‘turtling’, and more, or level the battlefield and let the AI use its own tactics to give you the highest level of challenge.
- New Ways to Attack – Keep your opponent guessing by building flying battleships, wielding the power of terrifying Ion Storms, and combining units to form powerful never-before-seen super-units.
- Technology Makes the World Come Alive – Lose yourself in reflected sunlight and scream in sheer joy as you blow chunks off of enemy tanks, structures, and anything else you can launch a rocket at. The game world gains a new dimension and the battlefield comes to life as the atmosphere fills with smoke, fire, haze, tracers, explosions, and state-of-the-art weather effects.
- Intuitive and Evolved Interface – Fully evolved side-bar interface that allows you to fully manage your base operations while never leaving the action.
- Battle the Best Online – With multiple online game modes, all-new multiplayer maps, and a fully featured content editor, go online to see how you stack up in RTS’ ultimate form.
Names in different languages
- Simplified Chinese: 命令与征服 3: 凯恩之怒
- Traditional Chinese: 終極動員令 3: 肯恩之怒
- French: Command & Conquer 3: La Fureur de Kane
- German: Command & Conquer 3: Kanes Rache
- Italian: Command & Conquer 3: L’ira di Kane
- Korean: 커맨드 & 컨커 3: 케인의 분노
- Polish: Command & Conquer 3: Gniew Kane’a
- Russian: Command & Conquer 3: Ярость Кейна
- Spanish: Command & Conquer 3: La Ira de Kane
- Thai: คอมมานด์ & คองเคอร์ 3: เคนแรธ
Find out more?
You can look at it all by browsing the menu to the left.