Now that the news from the official front are settling down, it's time to pick up on the recent happenings in the C&C community.
- Joe & Aza, whom we've met with their Hell March cover 3 years ago, are back with a Grinder cover (shown above).
- Kane Nash, the legendary author of numerous C&C wallpapers, is also back, with an awesome reminder of what the C&C community can do regardless of "official channels" being disappointing.
- OpenRA developers released a dev blog showcasing upcoming performance updates, the reduction of arbitrary differences from the original Red Alert, and a status update on the Tiberian Sun mod.
- As of today, the record of most concurrent players on CnCNet is 1082, with about half of those playing Mental Omega!
- One Vision, the most ambitious mod for Kane's Wrath, got a new release (version 0.90), including unique tier 4 units for most factions, Global Conquest compatibility, skins for ZOCOM, the Black Hand and Reaper-17, balance tweaks, new audio and visual effects, and much more!
- For its 16th anniversary, the D-Day mod for Yuri's Revenge got a shiny new website.
- The Mental Omega APYR mod for Yuri's Revenge will be getting patch 3.3.4 some time this summer, with the update on its main website announcing 8 new Covert Ops missions, a new Foehn Origins mission, a new challenge map, 13 new skirmish/multiplayer maps, and the usual range of bugfixes and balance tweaks. Plus, new renders in the style of the classic Red Alert 2 installer!
- The Nomad Galaxy mod for OpenRA got its first dev blog that goes into detail on how the mod is envisioned.
- The Evolutions: Real Time Strategy Evolved mod for Tiberium Wars points to its Trello page for following the mod's progress, shows some neat new renders and calls for voice actors in the latest news post.
And they say this community is dead. Pff.Comment