- Date: 12/07/1999 | Author: Oasis
I have recently read on article over at RSN about violence and such in computer games and movies and everything else that the government and others think is wrong. Well, I will tell you what I believe, and I am sure that most of you out there that are computer gamers think the way I do too.
- First Fact: Crazy psychotic kids in Colorado kill others and themselves. 1st Thought: Computer games and anything else that contains violence provoked them. Or maybe their parents…friends, anyone they know.
- 2nd Fact: Government and organizations are trying to stop the violence.
- 2nd Thought: Stop making games, movies, tv shows, and everything that contains violence.
What The Crap?!?! That makes no sense.
My opinions; nothing seen in the world will make someone want to go kill someone, or second thought, maybe only insane people would want to. Any sane person wouldn’t even think about that, like playing Doom will make you go kill people. I don’t really think so…Doom sucks and you only shoot monsters. Maybe, MAYBE, games like Grand Theft Auto MIGHT cause an individual to do criminal acts, but the game lets you experience them without REALLY doing them, and hurting yourself or others. The parents of the killers in Colorado must have stayed in one room all day in the dark and ignored their children, because I KNOW I would have seen shotgun barrels, glass and nails, and other bomb making materials laying around the house. And also, the law enforcement in that city, the whole group of kids were known as trouble makers and weirdos, why didn’t they do anything about it? Oh well, this article isn’t about that. It’s about the outlawing of violence in programs everywhere in the US. No kid or adult WOULD be provoked to kill if they were not sane. So, I come to the conclusion that, it’s the people around the individual that provoke them, if the child is treated horribly his life, he will be upset with himself and others, causing violence. But no game or movie will make him want to kill more or make him madder than he already is. The whole thought of stopping productions is insane!
- Will this mean the end of what we know as C&C today?
- Will the futures C&C contain big, cuddly animals?
- What will the future hold?!?!
Please mail me everything you think about this, and I will post the best articles, I think this point needs to be expressed across the TS community. Everyone needs to know about this and take action.
SAY “NO” TO OUTLAWING GREAT BREAKTHROUGHS THAT ENTERTAIN US! LETS KEEP MAKING MOVIES, GAMES, & TV SHOWS WITH VIOLENCE, IT DOESN’T INFLUENCE THE WORLD IN TOO MANY WAYS; MOSTLY JUST PURE, FUN TO PLAY AND WATCH ENTERTAINMENT!!!