Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 has in-built mod support, and allows for their easy installation and launching.
To install a mod for Red Alert 3, place its folder into the following directory:
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[USER NAME]\My Documents\Red Alert 3\Mods
- Windows Vista and newer: C:\Users\[USER NAME]\Documents\Red Alert 3\Mods
If the “Mods” subfolder does not exist, create it manually.
Make sure every mod has its own subfolder.
To run a mod for Red Alert 3, you can use one of three options.
- Option 1: Run the game with the -ui parameter (The Ultimate Collection requires a workaround to do this) to get to the Red Alert 3 Control Center, which is the same screen you get in the autorun in the retail DVD version. In it, choose the Game Browser menu, choose the mod you wish to play, and launch it.
- Option 2: Create a shortcut to RA3.exe, enter its Properties and modify its Target value so that after the final quotation mark, you add the following: -modconfig “[FULL PATH TO MOD]\config.txt”Apply, then click OK. This shortcut will now run the mod by default.
- Option 3: Make a backup of RA3_[language]_1.12.skudef from your Red Alert 3 directory. Edit the file in Notepad and to the top of the file, add the following: add-config C:\Users\ [USER NAME]\Documents\Red Alert 3\Mods\ [MOD NAME]\ [MOD NAME]_[VERSION].skudef
Save the file, close it, and run the game as you normally would.
- If you don’t know how to use parameters, please follow this link: http://www.ehow.com/how_7208987_add-line-parameter-windows-shortcut.html.