Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars has in-built mod support, and allows for their easy installation and launching.
To install a mod for Tiberium Wars, place its folder into the following directory:
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[USER NAME]\My Documents\Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\Mods
- Windows Vista and newer: C:\Users\[USER NAME]\Documents\Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\Mods
If the “Mods” subfolder does not exist, create it manually.
Make sure every mod has its own subfolder.
To run a mod for Tiberium Wars, you can use one of three options.
- Option 1: Run the game with the -ui parameter (The Ultimate Collection requires a workaround to do this) to get to the Tiberium Wars Control Center, which is the same screen you get in the autorun in the retail DVD version. In it, choose the Game Browser menu, choose the mod you wish to play, and launch it.
- Option 2: Create a shortcut to CNC3.exe, enter its Properties and modify its Target value so that after the final quotation mark, you add the following: -modconfig “[FULL PATH TO MOD]\config.txt”
Apply, then click OK. This shortcut will now run the mod by default.
- Option 3: Make a backup of CNC3_[language]_1.9.skudef from your Tiberium Wars directory. Edit the file in Notepad and to the top of the file, add the following: add-config C:\Users\ [USER NAME]\Documents\Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\Mods\ [MOD NAME]\ [MOD NAME]_[VERSION].skudef
Save the file, close it, and run the game as you normally would.
- If you don’t know how to use parameters, please follow this link: http://www.ehow.com/how_7208987_add-line-parameter-windows-shortcut.html.