This guide will show you how to install Command & Conquer: Sole Survivor on modern operating systems.
- Insert the Sole Survivor disc to your CD/DVD drive.
- If you are not using Windows XP, exit the autorun and run setup.exe from the disc’s setup subfolder as administrator.
- Install the game as you normally would.
- Patch the game to the version 1.05, the latest official patch, using the patch fron our site linked below, or this mirror from the C&C Communications Center.
- Download CnC-DDraw and unpack it in the game directory.
- Open cnc-ddraw.ini in a text editor and, anywhere below line 90, insert the following:
; Command & Conquer Sole Survivor
- Save the file and close it.
- Run the game.
Installing on 64-bit operating systems
The game’s installer is 16-bit, and is unable to run on 64-bit systems. To bypass this, you can use a tool called WinPack or UniExtract to extract the files from setup.z found within the disc. After doing so, proceed with the setup procedure above starting from step 4.
Note that the disc’s autorun won’t change the Install button to the Play button, but the game will still run properly if you run its executable manually.