Command & Conquer: Gold – Windows XP Patch
Released on 30 March 2002
This quick guide should work on most Windows XP systems. The patch is supplied by Westwood.
Download the Quick Patch
How to Install the Quick Patch
- Uninstall C&C95 if previously installed.
- Insert a C&C95 CD into your CD-ROM drive. When the autoplay menu appears, choose Explore CD.
- Find Setup.exe then right-click, and choose “Properties.” Click on the Compatibility mode tab and set the compatibility to Windows 95.
- Install C&C95 as you would normally, but do not reboot when it prompts you to.
- Open up My Computer and navigate to your Command & Conquer directory (this is usually C:\Westwood\C&C95).
- Right-click on a blank area in the folder, and Sort by file type.
- Change the compatibility mode on all of the executable files (about 7-8) to Windows 95.
- Extract Thipx32.dll contained in the zip file you downloaded at the start of this guide to your C&C95 directory, overwriting the existing Thipx32.dll.
Note this patch will disable network play for Command & Conquer 95 under Windows XP
- Boot up C&C95 and have fun!