Always download the latest version of any patch for your game. Unless otherwise stated, each patch version contains all of the updates from any previous version.
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun Version 2.03
- Fixed bug that could have a negative impact on game performance at the beginning of a multiplayer game.
- Fixed bug that could cause the game to lock up if a player sold their last building after surrendering.
- Fixed bug that allowed cheating players to lock their opponent’s harvesters out of their own refineries.
- Mammoth Mk II hit points changed from 800 to 1200.
- Fixed a condition where a multiplayer disconnect would occasionally fail to be reported.
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun Version 2.02
- Out of sync between Tiberian Sun and Firestorm in Tiberian Sun mode is fixed.
- Technicians being incorrectly substituted for engineers in various circumstances in non-English Firestorm is fixed.
- World Domination Tour map settings don’t get changed with “Surprise Me”.
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun Version 2.0
- Skirmish games may now be saved.
- Ability to select all units of a type or types on screen that are currently selected. Functionality must be assigned to a key manually in ‘Options – Keyboard’ menu under ‘Selection Category – Select Same Type’.
- New main menu allows faster access to different game types (except in the Spanish version).
- Location and server selection integrated into Westwood Online login dialog.
- User locations are displayed in the Westwood Online user list tooltips.
- Full games are greyed out in the Westwood Online games list.
- Battleclan and Firestorm ladders are now browsable in the Westwood Online ladder screen.
- Host location filter added to Westwood Online find game screen.
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun Version 1.17a
- Fixed bug where buildings could be built in arbitrary locations.
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun Version 1.17 (Multi-Engineer Upgrade)
- Fix for possible disconnect or packet received too late condition at the end of a multiplayer game.
- New ‘Multi Engineer’ option for multiplayer games gives Red Alert style engineer behaviour to address engineer rush concerns.
- Fix for a bug that caused internal errors or reconnection errors during multiplayer games.
- Railgun force fire no longer damages buildings multiple times
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun Version 1.16a1 (Hyperwire)
- Fixed bug where harvester truce could be on in a skirmish game.
- Tweak to improve unit response time at the start of the game.
- If the host of an internet game is using a modified or user created map, the guests will now get a warning message instead of just a blank preview.
- Fix for occasional ‘Packet received too late’ or ‘Reconnection error’ at the end of an internet game.
- Fix for possible ‘Packet received too late’ or ‘Reconnection error’ when playing a LAN game right after playing an internet game.
- Fix for bug which would allow mixed game versions to start a LAN game with subsequent bad behavior.
- Fix for a bug where the player could get stuck in building placement mode if they lost their last construction yard.
- A new “game speed” slider on Internet Game setup screen. This allows players to set the initial game speed. A game speed slider has also been added to the in-game options top level so that it is easier to access.
- An improved game setup screen layout (Random map is now a button under multiplay map).
- The map select screen now includes a new map preview.
- A new game-latency tolerance setting in the game options screen allows players to increase the tolerance of network latency on laggy connections.
- New granularity of game speed slider (now has a 45 fps setting). The slider now has the following settings in Internet multiplay. 15 fps (middle) 20 fps (default) 30 fps 45 fps (new) 60 fps (max).
- Advanced code to evaluate and manipulate slow or high latency connections. The game now uses the ping times from the lobby/game options screen to set up multiplayer timing values for the game. You should notice that the game runs faster at the start of the game (if you have a good connection) than it used to.
- New code to reduce bandwidth used when game speed is set to 30 fps (one notch above the default) or above.
- Generally reduced bandwidth in multiplayer game. Combined with the < above feature, the game now consumes significantly less network bandwidth compared to earlier versions.
- Out of sync due to certain turrets is fixed.
- Fixed a crash in modem disconnect code after playing a game.
- New “locale” setting on login dialog so that you can set your geographic location. This will eventually be used in a future new feature on our web site and in the tournament ladders.
- New server select dialog. Many players were not aware that they could change the Westwood Online server to which they were initially connected. To address this, we have inserted a “select server” dialog immediately after the login dialog. The game remembers if you change the default and will select that server as default for subsequent logins.
- New “short game” option added. This mode results in a loss when all buildings are lost and leads to a more decisive result when a shorter game is desired. The MCV counts as a building for game over purposes.
- Up to 32 nicknames can be now stored on the login dialog box.
- Immediate feedback when giving a move order in multiplayer.
- Added harvester logic to allow redirection to an alternative refinery.
- Added notification to other players when game speed or latency settings are changed.
- Added packet CRC check in Internet and network games to address problems some users were experiencing with packet corruption with some types of network card. (We have not been able to repeat this internally,
but RealTek cards seem to be common culprits.)
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun Version 1.13
- Nod Artillery:
Rate of fire decreased
Damage decreased, approximately 20%
Less effective against infantry
- Nod SAM site: Power requirements are now double.
- GDI Disc throwers: Disc throwers now explode when killed and damage any nearby units.
- Concrete and Firestorm walls: These walls now build like laser fences. If you place one wall section and then place a second, a line is drawn indicating that a wall segment will be built between the two sections. You are only charged for the cost of the end pieces of the wall, not the connecting pieces. Also, walls can be sold but you will not receive money for sold sections.
Note: If there is an obstacle such as a unit or structure that appears between the sections during placement, the two sections will not connect.
- Structures cannot be built off of laser fence posts.
- If you wall your MCV in and undeploy it, it no longer disappears.
- Holding down ‘X’ (scatter) key or any other keyboard ‘event’ generating command causes disconnect in modem or dialup internet game.
- Hunter Seeker code prioritizes targets that could affect end-game situations in multiplayer.
- When harvester truce is enabled, hunter-seekers will no longer destroy harvesters.
- Trainer programs can no longer cheat to unshroud the map.
- Trainer programs cannot be used to disable Fog of War during a game where Fog of War has been enabled.
- When the message ‘Computer has been defeated’ is printed when an AI loses, the message is printed in the color that matches the AI’s units.
- The crash caused when an engineer captures a construction yard while the building placement cursor is active is fixed.
- Banshees can now fire on enemy units or force-fire on the ground within the area of effect of a stealth generator.
- When ordering air units to travel to the top few spaces of a map where there is a lot of water, aircraft now land on the nearest spot of dry land rather than directly on the water.
- The Firestorm defense no longer stays up indefinitely when power goes low.
- The crash when destroying a vein hole monster has been fixed. This crash usually only happened after an extended period of gameplay once the vein hole monster has been killed.
- The game can now run from any valid CD drive, not just the one with the first drive letter.
- French and German sidebar text no longer overflows onto sidebar icons.
- Ping meters are no longer partially covered by the scrollbars in the WOL lobby.
- Find game dialog has been sped up.
- Occasionally when joining a full game channel an incorrect error message was displayed in your message window. This no longer happens.