There have been scattered reports from users who are experiencing crashes upon start up or a hanging black screen when loading up Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight on Windows 7 or Windows 8.
To solve this issue, it is recommend running Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight on Vista Compatibility mode with no service pack.
- Right-click on your Command & Conquer 4 launcher.
- Choose Properties.
- Click on Compatibility Mode.
- Check the box called Run this program in compatibility mode for:
- Select Windows Vista (see image below)
- DO NOT select Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) or Windows Vista (Service Pack 3)
- Click OK.